How Can I help?
What does modern living and shift work do to us?
Modern living and shift work is demanding on the body. Consequently, they may leave individuals feeling exhausted, stressed, bloated, uncomfortable, and at an increased risk of developing chronic health problems, such as:
- Altered sleep patterns – causing insomnia, fatigue, brain fog, burnout
- Digestive disorders – Constipation, upset stomach, bloating, abdominal pain, dysbiosis, leaky gut, IBS, etc
- Metabolic issues – Insulin resistance, Type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, weight gain, sugar cravings
- Cardiovascular disease – Hypertension, stroke, heart attacks
- Mood issues – depression, anxiety
- Immune dysfunction – increased colds and flu, increased risk for allergies, hay fever and food intolerances
- Increased risk for certain cancers – breast, prostate, bowel
- Additionally, exhaustion causes an increased risk of accidents and injuries, both on and off the job
If shift work and/or chronic stress are part of your life, ensure that you sleep, eat, drink and exercise in a way that supports your health.
How can I help?
Naturopaths look at things through a holistic lens. For example, if you are having trouble sleeping, why? Is it just that working at night goes against your body’s natural desire to want to sleep at night? Or is something else playing into this? Your diet? Stress? Worry? Lifestyle choices? Naturopaths can improve sleep quality using medicinal herbs, nutritional supplements, by examining and making changes to your diet and by providing lifestyle advice, such as ways to prepare your bedroom for sleeping, helping you develop a sleep routine to use before getting into bed. Using herbal and nutritional remedies and suggesting relaxation techniques, they may also help reduce anxiety and settle a busy mind that is keeping you awake.
Other areas naturopaths help with include:
- Improving energy levels
- Improving gastrointestinal health
- Providing dietary advice to reduce the risk of cravings, weight gain and insulin resistance
- Reducing stress, anxiety and improving mood
- Helping boost immune function – shift worker often get colds and flu and hay fever
- Help prevent burnout
- If you’d like to know more about naturopathy and how I can help, I offer a free 15min Discovery call. Discovery calls can be booked by clicking the button below, calling 0416213055 or emailing email@example.com.
- If you are sure that naturopathy is right for you, you can go ahead and book an initial consultation using the booking button below, calling 0416213055 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.